1 Ripe pink grapefruit, peel and pith pared off
1 Ripe yellow grapefruit, peel and pith pared off
1 Large ripe orange, peel and pith pared off
1 Large ripe mango
Lemon balm or mint leaves to decorate
- Holding the pink grapefruit over a bowl to catch the juice, cut down both sides of the membranes with a very sharp knife and as each segment of flesh is freed, put it in the bowl.
- Squeeze the remaining tissue to extract all the juice. Prepare the yellow grapefruit and the orange in the same way.
- Using the sharp knife, cut down each side of the mango and trim the halves of flesh away from the stone. Cut a deep cross in the flesh of each half. Holding one half of the mango with the flesh uppermost, press the skin with your thumbs so that the flesh bulges up. Trim the flesh away from the skin and slice it into the bowl. Treat the remaining half of the mango in the same way.
- Gently mix all the fruit and spoon it into chilled glasses. Decorate with the lemon balm or mint leaves.
- You can prepare this salad the night before and leave it in the refrigerator, covered, overnight.
Tags #best salad dressing #citrus salad #citrus salad dressing #citrus vinaigrette dressing #cook #cooking #dairy-free #food #fruit & vegetables #gluten-free #hot & spicy #how to cook #kale citrus vinaigrette salad #kale salad #low calorie #low sodium #mango kale salad #recipe #salad #sides #simple recipe #summer salad #sweet #sweet & sour #vegetarian #vinaigrette dressing