Olive oil 1 tbsp.
Spring onions, trimmed and chopped 6
Cloves garlic, peeled and crushed 2
Courgettes, halved lengthways and cut into thick slices 8 oz.
Tinned tomatoes, drained and chopped 14 oz.
Dried basil and dried thyme 1/2 tsp.
Freshly ground black pepper
Eggs and egg whites 3 + 3
Grated mozzarella cheese 2 oz.
Sprigs fresh thyme to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick omelette pan and cook the spring onions in it over a moderate heat for about 1 minute, until softened but not coloured. Mix in the garlic and courgettes and cook for 3 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time.
- Stir the tomatoes, basil and thyme in with the onions, and season with pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes more, or until the courgettes are tender and the liquid from the tomatoes has almost evaporated.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill and beat the eggs and egg whites lightly with a fork. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and stir gently for 2 minutes, pushing the set mixture to the center and tilting the pan to let the unset mixture run round the edge.
- When the mixture is set underneath, scatter the mozzarella over the top, and put the pan under the hot grill for about 2 minutes, until the omelette is set and lightly browned on top. Cut into wedges, garnish with the thyme sprigs and serve at once .
- Crusty bread and a green or mixed salad are good accompaniments to this dish. You can vary the omelette filling, using leek, diced cooked potato, red or green peppers’ chopped broccoli or chopped mixed fresh herbs. Instead of adding cheese, scatter on 2 rashers of unsmoked back bacon, trimmed of fat and finely chopped.
Tags #breakfast #breakfast recipe #breakfast recipes #cheese tomato onion omelette recipe #cook #cooking #easy breakfast recipe #easy breakfast recipes #easy cooking #easy recipe #easy recipes #egg #egg recipe #egg recipes #eggs #food #how to cook #how to cook an omelet #how to cook an omelette #how to make #how to make an omelet #how to make an omelette #omelet #omelet recipe #omelet recipes #omelette #omelette recipe #omelette recipes #recipe #recipes #totikky tikky #yt:cc=on
- Planning a Healthy DietIn Healthy Lifestyle
- Vegetable LasagneIn Recipes
- Linguine with Peas and TunaIn Recipes
- Farfalle with Broccoli and NutsIn Recipes
Leave a Reply