Ingredients: 6 servings
Flour ½ cup or 60 g
Butter 5 tbsp or 60 g
Milk 2 cups or 450 ml
Salt 1 tsp or 5 g
Paprika ½ tsp or 3 g
Ground black pepper
Grated swiss cheese 1 cup or 100 g
Grated cheddar cheese 1 cup or 100 g
Grated Parmesan cheese ½ cup or 50 g
- Separate the whites of eggs from yolks
- Take 6 ramekins and grease them with butter and apply a coating of bread crumbs inside the walls.
- Preheat the oven to 1900C.
- Take a sauce pan and melt butter in it on low-medium flame.
- Add flour in the melted butter , thoroughly mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk while constantly stirring the mixture. Bring it to boil.
- Cook for further 2-3 minutes until becomes thick paste. Remove from heat.
- Add grated swiss cheese, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese and thoroughly mix them.
- Add salt and Paprika .
- Add egg yolks (one at a time)
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl
- Take a separate bowl and beat egg whites along with a pinch of salt in it until stiff peak form.
- Gradually add this into cheese mixture and mix slowly and thoroughly.
- Put the mixture in ramekins. Place the ramekins on baking sheet and keep it in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven when soufflés turn golden and puffed.
- Enjoy the soufflés!