Polyunsaturated margarine 1 oz.
Plain flour 1/2 oz.
Chicken stock 225 ml
Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
Freshly ground black pepper
Skimmed milk 2 tbsp.
Boiled ham 4 slices
Wholemeal bread 4 slices
Chopped fresh parsley 2 tbsp.
Fresh parsley sprigs to garnish
- Heat half the margarine in a small saucepan, mix in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
- Gradually stir in the stock and lemon juice, then season with pepper and bring to the boil over a moderate heat, stirring all the time. Lower the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened. Cover and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs lightly with the milk and season with pepper. Put the remaining margarine in a small nonstick saucepan and set to melt over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium, wrap the ham in foil and place it in the grill pan under the rack. Arrange the bread on the rack and put it under the grill, toasting it lightly on both sides.
- While the bread is toasting, pour the egg mixture into the melted margarine and stir continuously over a low heat for about 3 minutes, until it is thickened to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Put the toast on warmed plates, lay a slice of ham on top and spoon a share of the egg onto each serving. Pour on the sauce, sprinkle with the parsley and serve at once with a sprig of fresh parsley garnishing
- Planning a Healthy DietIn Healthy Lifestyle
- Vegetable LasagneIn Recipes
- Linguine with Peas and TunaIn Recipes
- Farfalle with Broccoli and NutsIn Recipes
Leave a Reply